The Department of Engineering of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technologies is one of the departments of the Engineering Technical College / Mosul (ETCM), which was established in 1998. The department is located within the campus of the College on the Cultural Group Street, Mosul, Iraq. In 2018, the department was updated and three specialized scientific branches were established. These branches are:
- Renewable Energy.
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning.
- Production and automation.
The name of the department will be changed at the end of 2019 to become more comprehensive with the three new branches and the new name of the department will be “Department of Mechanical Engineering Techniques”. The study in the department consists of four academic years (8 semesters), where the study in the first and second years is a general mechanical engineering, while the study within the three new branches begins in the third academic year. The students are distributed to the branches according to the student`s rate that collected in the second academic year. The course of this study allows the graduate to build knowledge in order to obtain a bachelor’s degree after four academic years as follow:
- B.Sc. degree in Mechanical Engineering/Renewable Energy Engineering
- B.Sc. degree in Mechanical Engineering/Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Engineering
- B.Sc. degree in Mechanical Engineering/Production Engineering and automation